The benefits under this warranty are in the addition to the legal rights and remedies you may have in the relation to batteries.
IBD warrants its batteries against defects due to faulty manufacturing the following periods commencing from the date of purchase.
- Sealed MF product - up to 36 Month warranty *Private use, cars only
- Sealed MF product - up to 24 Month warranty *Private use, 4x4, Utes, Vans.
- Sealed MF commercial product - up to 12 Month warranty
- Sealed MF 4x4 commercial product - up to 12 Month warranty
- Accessible commercial MF product - up to 12 Month warranty
- Marine King Sealed MF product - up to 24 Month warranty
- Marine Accessible product - up to 12 Month warranty
- cycle King Deep Cycle product - up to 12 Month warranty
- Budget MF product - up to 12 Month warranty
- Taxi - up to 6 Month warranty
- Some batteries used with applications including fridges, microwaves - up to 6 Month warranty
- All batteries for commercial use - 12 Month warranty
Proof of purchase is needed to claim under warranty. You must return the battery, with proof of purchase to any IBD reseller in person of fright pre-paid by you. You can find the contact details for your nearest IBD reseller by calling Head Office on 08 8260111. Alternatively, you may, in person or freight pre-paid by you, return the battery to your nearest dealer, State or Territory office ( please go to contact us )
If IBD (itself or through reseller) finds on examination that the battery is defective due to faulty manufacturing and is within the specified period, then the battery will be replaced with an equivalent battery free of charge. The warranty period is not renewed or extended as a result of this replacement.
The battery will not be covered by this warranty if:
- It has been subject to overcharging, undercharging, abuse, physical damage, a faulty vehicle charging system, neglect (sulphation), long period of storage or installation without reconditioning, failure to maintain acid levels (for accessible types), tampered markings or broken or removed vent plugs.
- It is discharged (Sulphated plates)
- It has been topped up with any liquid other than distilled water.
- Damage caused by acid spillage due to improper topping up causing overfill (applied to accessible batteries).
- It has been repaired of modified by third party without IBD's consent.
- The failure is caused by faulty terminals.
- You have installed a battery that has lower capacity than originally specified by the manufacturer of the equipment in which the battery has been used.
- The battery is damaged because of an explosion due to faulty connection (loose or reversed connection, frayed cables) or damage due to improper mounting or misapplication such as through the use of a Deep Cycle battery in the wrong application and vice- versa or
- The defects are as a result of normal wear and tear.
This warranty does not cover the cost of labour for removal of the battery from the vehicle, or for the replacement of the battery into the vehicle, without IBD's prior written approval.
This warranty is given by Independent Battery Distributors ABN: 72 008 173 340 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 08 82606111 Head Office
In Australia: Our goods come with guarantee that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement of refund for the major failure and for compensation for any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have good repaired of replaced if the goods fail to be acceptable quality and the failure dose not amount to a major failure.